You’ve got big goals to chase, you have your planner out in front of you ready to take action, and I love that about you!
Going after your dreams is no easy feat and requires hard work, but it’s so easy to get wrapped up in the shiny planners and inspirational quotes that you don’t form daily habits to support you.
Before completely redesigning my life, I was in a really dark place that was fueled by a long string of bad habits. Anxiety and depression took hold of me and dragged me down until I couldn’t take it anymore.
During this time I found a love for everything self-help. Slowly I started listening to self help podcasts and working on my mindset. Fast forward a couple of years and I’m proud to say that this has completely changed my life.
Take it from me – it’s never too late to turn your life around. And, you ARE strong enough to overcome anything that’s holding you back.
So if you desire a better life, if you want to live life on your terms and become the best you possible, then it’s time to kick off your personal growth journey by adopting new, healthy habits!
In fact, I’ve written out a list of 101 healthy habits you can implement to live a better life!
Most of these are fairly simple so I’d recommend starting off with a couple now and then slowly implementing more over time.
Plus, I’ve added some handy resources to this list to make things easier for you, like a printable you can download for free! Woohoo!
Alright, let’s get started on those habits!
101 Habits For A Better Life
- Wake up early
- Make a healthy breakfast
- Plan your day
- Plan your week/month/year
- Practice self care daily
- Repeat daily affirmations in the mirror
- Set your top 3 priorities for the day
- Exercise 30 minutes to an hour a day
- Don’t eat 2 hours before bedtime
- Turn your phone screen off an hour before bed
- Drink water before every meal
- Practice improving your mindset daily
- Manage decision fatigue
- Drink more water.
- Create a budget
- Do your taxes
- Clean out your closet
- Get rid of items that no longer serve you
- Take your vitamins every day
- Only eat when you’re truly hungry.
- Write in a journal or diary.
- Use a productivity planner to keep your goals in check.
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Get 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night.
- Listen to a podcast on your daily commute.
- Prepare clothes for the next day
- Create a bucketlist of your goals and ideas
- Create a vision board
- Meal prep for the week ahead
- Prep for the week ahead on Sunday
- Play games with friends and family
- Plan trips with friends/family
- Keep multiple plants in your house
- Set out certain days of the week to do laundry
- Clean your microwave and oven regularly
- Clean out your fridge regularly, esp. when food goes bad
- Take a course or two
- Read a book regularly
- Task batch recurring tasks
- Clean out your email inbox
- Organize your desk
- Get rid of toxic people in your life
- Develop new friendships
- Spend quality time with your loved ones
- Write birthdays in your calendar ahead of time
- Work on building more confidence
- Fake it til’ you make it
- Use essential oils to calm your mind and body
- Have a morning and night skincare routine
- Prioritize your health above all else
- Practice yoga or meditation
- Use aromatherapy
- Clean your makeup brushes often
- Try a new recipe
- Walk your dog
- Get out of the house, explore your town
- Go on a nice vacation
- Plan your future – 5, 10, 15 years from now
- Track your habits
- Get a haircut, get your nails done – pamper yourself
- Listen to some new music
- Listen to an audiobook
- I love listening to audiobooks during my daily commute! P.S. you can get a free 30-day Amazon Audible trial + 2 FREE audiobooks! Click here to sign up.
- Drink in moderation.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Go on a hike, get out into nature
- Don’t rely too much on a credit card
- Pay in cash when you can
- Build an emergency fund
- Invest in a retirement fund
- Burn some candles or incense
- Make a Pinterest board of your favorite quotes
- Set SMART goals
- Plan your goals in your calendar
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Take a risk once in awhile
- Take deep breaths when you’re angry or frustrated
- Hug someone today
- Talk to a close friend or a counselor
- Work on your mental health daily
- Take more photos (there’s never too many)
- Walk 10,000 steps a day
- Pivot when you’re no longer passionate in your career/business
- Soak up the sunshine
- Control TV time
- Have a movie night with friends
- Let go of negative thoughts
- Take up a side hustle
- Declutter your life the Konmari way
- Go to bed early
- Get your life together with a productivity day
- Refresh your house with new home décor
- Track your medication
- Spend less time surfing the web
- Hang your clothes up or fold them.
- Put on a hair mask/deep condition your hair once a week
- Remove distractions for better concentration
- Smile and laugh more
- Take a bubble bath
- Find the learning opportunity in every moment (whether good or bad)
- Reflect on the past (or current) year and write out a plan for the upcoming year
Download the 101 habits printable!
Click the link to download this as a checklist: 101 habits for a better life.
Just like with anything in life, developing new habits takes time. But I promise it’s so worth it! Not only is it a great way to boost up your confidence and improve your overall wellbeing, but it can also be really fun to see your progress down the road.
If you want to get ahead and become a better you, you have to start right now, implementing one small habit at a time until you get the results you want.